You are here

Safeguarding Haringey residents

All of us have a role to play in keeping people safe. If you have any concerns that someone you know is a victim of abuse and neglect, please report it so these concerns can be looked into.

What should I do if I suspect a vulnerable adult is being abused?

If you or the person you are concerned about is not being mistreated (but you or they still have needs to address) you can make a referral to Adult Social Care via the council’s Integrated Access Team.

How to report suspected adult abuse

If you think someone else is being abused, you must tell someone:

Call the Police

  • If the danger is not immediate telephone 101

  • If the danger is immediate, always call the Police on 999

Contact the council’s First Response Team (Adult Social Services)

What you should do if you are concerned about a child

If you have concerns that a child may be at risk of significant harm or has already been harmed or abused then you should make immediate telephone contact with Haringey's Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).

Please do not keep your worries to yourself. If you need help or advice please contact MASH.

Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5pm; Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm

Telephone: 020 8489 4470

Out of office hours, including weekends the Emergency Duty Team

Telephone: 020 8489 0000

In any emergency cases, please call the Police on 999.

There is more information about safeguarding adults and protecting children on the council's website.

Page Last Updated:

2 November 2018