You are here

Reporting a repair

Homes for Haringey offers a comprehensive repairs service to ensure your council home is well maintained. Before reporting a repair, check to see whether you as a tenant or we as a landlord should be carrying out the repair. For more information on repairs, please see our HfH Repairs Handbook.

Book your appointment

 Online Account Icon
See My Data


 App Icon
My Haringey Home App


 Smartphone Icon
Call: 020 8489 5611 (8am-6pm weekdays)


Manage your appointment

 Repairs History Icon
View repairs history


 Repairs Status Icon
Rebook your repair


 Cancel Repair Icon
Cancel your repair


Gas heating repairs

For gas heating repairs, raise the repair on See My Data or the My Haringey Home App.

You can also call us on 020 8489 5611. Lines are open 8am to 6pm, Mondays to Fridays, but you can report an emergency at any time.

For gas heating repairs, you can call us on 020 8489 5611. Lines are open 8am to 6pm, Mondays to Fridays, but you can report an emergency at any time.

Remember - if you smell gas, call the National Grid on freephone 0800 111 999 immediately.

You can also get in touch with your gas contractor directly:

  • If your home is in North Tottenham, South Tottenham or on Broadwater Farm (except Kenley and Northolt), your gas contractor is PH Jones and you can contact them directly on 020 3757 2688, or get in touch with our Customer Contact Centre.

  • If you live in Garton House, Hornsey, Wood Green or in supported housing, your gas contractor is Purdy and you can contact them directly on 01992 703 410, or get in touch with our Customer Contact Centre.

  • If you live in Northolt or Kenley at Broadwater Farm, your gas contractor is Switch 2 and Coefly but you can contact our Customer Contact Centre.

DIY repairs videos

Learn how to simply fix your home repairs

Video Category: 


View more DIY repairs videos

Communal repairs

We are responsible for repairing communal areas to blocks of flats and conversions including:

  • stairs
  • door entry systems
  • communal lighting
  • landings
  • communal windows
  • courtyards


  • For communal and estate lighting problems (lampposts and lighting fixed to the outside of buildings and blocks of flats) please contact our Customer Services team on 020 8489 5611.

Additional information

The best way to report a repair is by signing up to you free online Homes for Haringey account. This allows council tenants to report a repair and leaseholders to report a communal repair.

You can also report a repair by:

If you report a non-emergency repair after 6pm or at weekends, we will take details of the repairs issue and one of our officers will get in touch with you the next working day.

(For the benefit of deaf, hard of hearing, speech-impaired and deafblind people, all our telephones accept calls made using the Typetalk and TextDirect Relay Services. You can find out more about Typetalk and TextDirect by contacting RNID Typetalk on Freephone 0800 7 311 888 or Freetext 18001 0800 500 888)

You can report a emergency repair at any time on this number. Please do not email a repair that is an emergency. An emergency repair is one that:

  • removes immediate danger to people
  • avoids major damage to the property.

We will carry out an emergency repair within 24 hours, but outside of office hours we will make safe, things like dangerous electrical faults, burst pipes or broken down lifts, within two to four hours.


Give us feedback with your contact details for a response. Please note: we review comments once a week. Service requests must be made to Customer Services.

Page Last Updated:

21 October 2019