staying safe and warm this winter
- If you are concerned about the safety of an elderly or vulnerable person, please ring 020 8489 1000.
- Please take extra care on the roads and streets. Find out more about road and street gritting on Haringey Council's website.
- The Met Office has advised that it is best not to travel in heavy snow unless absolutely necessary.If you are going out take a look at some of their hints and tips before you set off.
- Transport for London has up to date information on how public transport is running.
Here are some tips and advice to keep warm this winter
- Eat regular hot meals and have hot drinks.
- If possible, keep moving instead of sitting still - activity will get your circulation going and make you feel warmer.
- Wrap up warmly indoors and out by wearing several layers of clothing.
- Make sure you keep out any draughts, for instance from your letterbox and windows. Keep your curtains closed and shut internal doors to keep warm air from escaping.
The NHS Choices website has more advice about keeping warm in winter. You can also call The National Home Heat Help line on 0800 33 66 99 (Mon - Fri - 9am to 8pm,Sat - 10am to 3pm).
This page belongs to the following categories :
- Community and living
- Community and living > Community safety
- Environment > Weather