repairs, maintenance and major works - what you will find in this section
You can report a non-emergency repair at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on our repairs number:
Phone: 020 8489 5611 (cheaper if you call from a mobile)
If you report a non-emergency repair after 6pm or at weekends, we will take details of the repairs issue and one of our officers will get in touch with you the next working day.
You can report an emergency repair to our call centre at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including all bank holidays, on our repairs numbers.
Repairs priorities and appointments
Our repairs priorities are as follows:
- If it’s an emergency repair we will attend within 24 hours of it being reported, and will attempt to complete the repair on our first visit.
- If it’s an agreed appointment we will offer an appointment which suits the resident and that we can keep within 28 days.
- If it’s a planned repair we will inspect within 28 days, and tell the resident at the inspection when the job will be carried out.
- Repairs for other services have different timescales.
We also have new standard weekday appointment slots:
- Early morning between 8am and 11am
- Late morning between 10am and 1pm
- Early afternoon between 12pm and 4pm
- Late afternoon between 4pm and 6pm
Building trades apprenticeships
Homes for Haringey’s in-house repairs team employs over 250 staff including approximately 200 trades people and officers. Almost 50, who are now fully qualified, started their careers as Haringey apprentices. The apprenticeship scheme started in the mid seventies. The trades covered are bricklaying, carpentry, electrical, plastering and plumbing.
This page belongs to the following categories :
- Housing > Housing improvement and repairs
- Housing > Housing improvement and repairs > Council housing repairs