parking on estates
Parking is a problem in Haringey including council estates. To address this, controlled parking zones and estate controlled parking schemes operate in some areas.
On this page:
- Controlled parking zones
- Estate controlled parking schemes
- Visitor parking permits for estates with an estate controlled parking scheme
- Applying for an estate controlled parking scheme
- Further information about parking
CPZs are managed by Haringey Council's Parking Service and operate on public highways. If you live in a property we manage that is in a CPZ, you must follow CPZ parking rules. Find out more about Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs) on Haringey Council's council website).Back to top
Estate Controlled Parking Schemes only operate on council estates and managed by Homes for Haringey. A notice board at each entrance of an estate tells you if it is part of an Estate Controlled Parking Schemes.You can apply for an estate controlled parking scheme permit if all of the following applies:
- You live on an estate which has an estate controlled parking scheme;
- You have your vehicle registered to your address on that estate;
- You display your valid estate parking permit in your vehicle.
- You display a valid tax disc in your vehicle.
How to apply
You can get an estate parking permit from your local Customer Services Centre. The permit is free of charge but you must provide proof of residency, proof of current tax and your vehicle registration certificate (V5C).
Important: An estate controlled parking permit is NOT valid in a controlled parking zone. It is only valid on the estate for which it is issued. You cannot transfer a permit from one vehicle to another and it does not guarantee a parking place.
If you need an estate parking permit for a specific purpose, such as contractors, carers or courtesy cars, you can apply for these in person at your local Customer Services Centre. You must provide recent proof of residency and relevant documentation to demonstrate your specific need. If you are unsure what documentation provide please call our Customer Contact Centre on 020 8489 5611.
Estate Controlled Parking Schemes operate at flexible times. Check the signs at the entrances of estates with an Estate Controlled Parking Scheme. There are separate restrictions for some estates near White Hart Lane when Tottenham Hotspur Football Stadium is being used for mid-week events.Back to the top
If you live on an estate with an estate controlled parking scheme, you can apply for visitor parking permits. There are three types:
- short-stay visitor parking permits (one or two-hour scratch cards)
- weekend visitor parking permits
- two-week visitor parking permits.
Note that a visitor parking permit for an estate with an Estate Controlled Parking Scheme does not guarantee a parking place and only allows parking on approved areas on the estate.
Important: These visitors parking permits are for estates with an Estate Controlled Parking Scheme. They are not valid in a council managed Controlled Parking Zone.
To apply for a permit you must complete this form and return it to us:
- by post to, Estate Services, Broadwater Farm Neighbourhood Office, 108c Gloucester Road, N17 6GZ, or
- by calling in to one of the customer service centres, either South Tottenham, Apex House, 820 Seven Sisters Road, N15 5PQ or Wood Green, 48 Station Road, N22 7TY (opening hours, Mon-Fri 8.45am-5pm)
If your estate currently does not have an estate controlled parking scheme, then Haringey Council can consider introducing one at the request of residents. To apply for an estate controlled parking scheme, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 020 8489 5611 (lines are open Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 6pm).Back to the top
For further information about parking on estates, read our leaflet Parking on estates.
This page belongs to the following categories :
- Housing > Council housing > Council estates parking
- Housing > Council housing > Garages (council)